René Cassin has spoken out strongly against the Nationality and Borders bill, which has just passed through its second reading in parliament. The Bill threatens the Refugee Convention by punishing refugees, increasing the detention of asylum seekers, and making exploitation and modern slavery more likely. So what can we do?
- Tap into your sphere of influence: In addition to posting to your personal social media, remember to also share with your youth movement/friendship group/synagogue year Whatsapp/ Instagram/facebook groups too! Encourage your synagogue or youth group to share the assets too and inform people of what’s happening
- Share our posts and graphics (shown below) on the Bill from Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, all of which you can find in this folder
- Are you a Jewish lawyer? Sign JCORE’s letter supporting refugees
- Write to your MP to highlight the danger the bill poses to vulnerable women
- Sign Freedom from Torture’s petition welcoming refugees
- Join our campaigns as a volunteer: we are always looking for people to do research, draft letters and join our campaign groups to end detention and modern slavery- email [email protected] if you want to get involvedre