Help Rahima and her fellow Uyghurs
Rahima has launched an appeal to raise £100,000 to fund a campaign to end the persecution of Uyghurs and hold the perpetrators to account. Please support Rahima and her fellow Uyghurs by making a donation today.
A human rights crisis is unfolding in China
The Chinese government is systematically destroying the culture and identity of at one million Uyghur Muslims and other minorities.
There is overwhelming evidence that Uyghurs and other minorities are being rounded up and interned in ‘re-education’ camps where they face starvation, torture, slave labour, rape, forced abortion, sterilisation and organ harvesting. Their hair is forcibly cut off and used to make wigs sold around the world. They are also forced to act against their Muslim faith – made to drink alcohol and eat port.
Uyghur persecution is not restricted to the camps. Outside the camps, Uyghurs are used as forced labour; girls are made to marry Han Chinese men; children are sent to boarding schools that forbid the Uyghur language and religion; and thousands of mosques and burial grounds are destroyed.
Your donation will support a multi-community cross-party campaign fighting for Uyghur rights and demanding urgent change, including:
- An independent UN investigation into atrocities in the Uyghur region
- An independent tribunal into crimes against humanity and genocide against Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities
- Magnitsky-style sanctions against individual perpetrators
- Government action to hold the Chinese government accountable, including possibile coordinated sanctions with allies
- Proscription of companies and institutions facilitating the persecution of Uyghurs
- Boycott of products produced by Uyghur slave labour or companies facilitating Uyghur persecution
The campaign will not end until the Chinese government closes the camps; releases all prisoners; ends forced labour, sterilisation and organ harvesting; restores the Uyghur people’s religious and cultural freedoms; and allows Uyghurs to contact family abroad.
Please show your support. Make a donation to end the persecution of Uyghurs in China today.