The persecution of the Uyghurs, due to their ethnic and religious identity, serves as a chilling reminder to the horrors committed against the Jews in the Holocaust.
We must honour the victims and survivors of that genocide through our efforts to ensure it never happens again. The memory of the Holocaust lives on in our human rights framework, which gives the Jewish community both a particular authority and an acute moral responsibility to speak out against in protest when such atrocities are now happening to the Uyghurs.
Crowd funding in support of the Stop Uyghur Genocide campaign
Support the‘gofundme’ fundraising appeal in support of the Stop Uyghur Genocide campaign calling for: closure of the camps and release of all prisoners; end to forced labour, sterilisation and organ harvesting; and the restoration of all religious and cultural freedoms. https://www.gofundme.com/f/stop-uyghur-genocide
Call to Action on businesses to end Uyghur forced labour from China
A Call to Action seeking brand commitments to cut all ties with suppliers implicated in forced labour and end all sourcing from the Uyghur Region, from cotton to finished garments, within twelve months.
Generic letter to MP
Letter to MP on oppression of Uyghur Women
Weekly demonstration outside Chinese Embassy’s Cultural Section
Every Tuesday 6-7pm members of the Jewish Community protest outside the Chinese Embassy – Cultural Section, 11 West Heath Road, Hampstead NW3 7UX
Sign our Pledge – Stop Uyghur Genocide
A human rights crisis is unfolding in China, where at least one million Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in the Uyghur Region of China are suffering a grave persecution as part of a wide effort by the Chinese government to erase their culture and identity. What the Chinese Communist Party is committing against the Uyghurs is an international crime of unimaginable violence and demands immediate action.
Driven by a moral imperative to speak up against this injustice and not to look the other way at what is happening I, therefore, pledge to pressure the UK Government to do the following:
- Demand an independent United Nations investigation into atrocities in the Uyghur Region.
- Demand a government-commissioned independent tribunal into Crimes Against Humanity and Genocide against Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in the Uyghur Region.
- Demand government action to hold China accountable, not excluding the possibility of coordinated sanctions with allies.
- Demand the UK impose Magnitsky style sanctions against state and non-state perpetrators.
- Demand proscription of companies and institutions facilitating the persecution of Uyghurs.
- I will also support a public boycott of products produced by Uyghur slave labour or companies facilitating Uyghur suppression.
Link to full list available here