This year’s Human Rights Shabbat is on the 8th and 9th of December, events can happen over that Shabbat and in the week leading up to it.
Last year was our biggest ever Human Rights Shabbat and this year we are aiming to reach even more Jewish communities.
René Cassin has been running the Human Rights Shabbat Programme for the past nine years. You can have a look at previous resources on our website.
This year we are building on our theme from last year of modern day slavery.
You can sign your community, youth movement, J-SOC or school up to Human Rights Shabbat 5778 today!
If your community signs up, they will be offered:
- The opportunity to arrange a speaking event with a leading slavery charity during the week leading up to Human Rights Shabbat
- Updated Jewish text sources for sermon ideas and study sessions
- Updated information and talking points on the issue of modern day slavery in the UK
- Updated ideas and resources for children’s activities
- Links on how to get further involved with the issue and support survivors of modern slavery
- Posters and materials to promote the day
- Bespoke support to take a more in-depth look at specific issues within modern day slavery
- Recognition for taking part in the day
To sign up and receive further information, simply send an email to email@example.com and register your interest and appoint a primary point of contact within your community by the 27th October.
You can check out last year’s Human Rights Shabbat materials here.