Policy updated: 4 April 2018
As a human rights charity, René Cassin respects – and is committed to protecting – your right to privacy.
In this privacy notice, we aim to tell you what information we collect about you, how we store and use it, and what you can do if you are unhappy about any issue of the way we use your data. The law gives you specific and enforceable privacy rights – for more information visit the Information Commissioner’s website – but we will try and respond to any reasonable request you have, even if we are not legally obliged to do so.
Who we are and how to contact us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, René Cassin of 853 Finchley Road, London NW11 8LX is registered as a ‘data controller’ with the Information Commissioner in the UK. You can contact us regarding our use of your personal data at this address, or via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3621 5464
- You have a right of access to any personal information that we hold about you
- You can require us to correct any inaccuracies in that information
- You can require us to delete it altogether
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time
This list is not exhaustive – for full information about all your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out above. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the Information Commissioner.
What information we collect about you
- Information that you give us
This is information about you that you provide us via our website, email, post, telephone, at events, in person, or otherwise. This information may include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone number
- your profession, background and interests, where relevant to René Cassin’s work
- bank account or credit/debit card information, if making a donation to support René Cassin’s work, attending an event, or enrolling in an educational programme
- if travelling as a participant on our Fellowship Programme: name and contact for your next of kin; relevant medical history; dietary requirements; passport information
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you:
- You can access all pages on our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
- We use Google Analytics to collect some information when you visit our website, but this does not allow us to identify you personally, nor does it in any way give us access to your computer or device. The information we collect includes when visitors visit, which pages they look at, and which browsers they use. This enables us evaluate the site and work to improve it. We cannot and do not link any of this anonymous data with any personal data that you may provide to us.
How we use your information
We use the information you give us and other information we hold about you to further René Cassin’s charitable purposes:
- to provide you with information about our activities and events other developments relating to the issues we work on
- to appeal for funds to support that work
- to administer donations and other supporting actions
- to administer our events
- to administer our educational programmes
The legal basis on which we collect, store and use your data
We will only process your information as necessary to allow us to pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
How we store and retain your information
We respect and value your personal data and ensure it is stored safely in a secure environment. We will delete information we hold about you when we no longer need it.
Third party access to your data
We do not share your data with anyone outside René Cassin, except those that provide a service to us:
- we use the Charities Aid Foundation’s CAF Donate and BT’s MyDonate services to administer donations to René Cassin
- we use the bulk email provider Mailchimp – MailChimp is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Links to other websites
Our website has links to other websites that may be of interest. However, we have no control over those sites and take no responsibility for their content or privacy policies.
Changes to this policy
We will review this policy from time to time, to ensure it accurately reflects our working practices and best communicates our commitment to our supporters’ and other users’ privacy.